Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I have SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
AMD FX8350 8 core
Patriot Viper 16gb DDR3 1600mhz
nvidea Geforce evga GTX 970 FTW
SSD
ACER Nitro XZ272 Pbmiiphx 27 monitor
Bought the new monitor which has freesync, but on the monitor I cant turn it on , using a port cable, and no option in the nvidea control panel to turn on gsync? Is it because the GTX does not support it?

Solution
What requirements? Also my win 10 sees the moitor as generic, I tried to install the acer driver but win 19 say the best driver is installed which is bs. I hear the acer drivers are unsigned so that's why it wont install?
did you go to the link?
"
  • You must update your graphics card to the latest NVIDIA driver, available HERE.
  • You must be using Windows 10.
  • You must have a GeForce 1000-series card or newer. GeForce 900 series and below are not supported at this time.
  • You must have a monitor that supports the DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync protocol. This includes any monitor that supports AMD FreeSync over DisplayPort.
  • You must be connected to the monitor with a DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort connection. This...
I have SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
AMD FX8350 8 core
Patriot Viper 16gb DDR3 1600mhz
nvidea Geforce evga GTX 970 FTW
SSD
ACER Nitro XZ272 Pbmiiphx 27 monitor
Bought the new monitor which has freesync, but on the monitor I cant turn it on , using a port cable, and no option in the nvidea control panel to turn on gsync? Is it because the GTX does not support it?
You don't meet the requirements.

andjayik

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
What requirements? Also my win 10 sees the moitor as generic, I tried to install the acer driver but win 19 say the best driver is installed which is bs. I hear the acer drivers are unsigned so that's why it wont install? DAMN GeForce 1000-series card or newer!! SUCKS

rgd1101

Don't
What requirements? Also my win 10 sees the moitor as generic, I tried to install the acer driver but win 19 say the best driver is installed which is bs. I hear the acer drivers are unsigned so that's why it wont install?
did you go to the link?
"
  • You must update your graphics card to the latest NVIDIA driver, available HERE.
  • You must be using Windows 10.
  • You must have a GeForce 1000-series card or newer. GeForce 900 series and below are not supported at this time.
  • You must have a monitor that supports the DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync protocol. This includes any monitor that supports AMD FreeSync over DisplayPort.
  • You must be connected to the monitor with a DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort connection. This includes DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, and USB-C/Thunderbolt (assuming the USB-C/TB port has video capability provided by a 1000+ series NVIDIA GPU, which is not the case on all laptops), or any combination of these.
"

Solution