No Hard Disk Detected

ReflexAction

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
Hello i am using Asus P7P55D-LE on boot screen this message shows up Marvell Controller... ''No Hard Disk Detected'' i search on internet everybody says go Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration at bios but there is no information about Marvell controllers in that setting its have Jmicron controller and its already disabled

Solution
Well - you can reset BIOS settings and then set Jmicron controller to disabled.
If that doesn't work, last option is BIOS update and then disable Jmicron controller.

But be very careful with BIOS update. If done wrong, it can brick your motherboard.
Someone likely flashed the BIOS with the P7P55D-E BIOS instead of LE. It is possible to trick a motherboard into being a different model. The P7P55D-E storage is:

Intel® P55 Express Chipset built-in
6 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
Intel Matrix Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller
1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices
1 xExternal SATA 3Gb/s port
1 xSATA 3Gb/s port (black)
Marvell® SATA 6Gb/s controller:
- 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports (gray

Checking that model motherboard online I don't see that controller listed. Just the Jmicron you mentioned. Usually the Sata ports on the same controller are colored the same have you used up the 6 SATA 3 ports off the chipset? Perhaps some one added a controller card seperately did you build this system new or get it used from someone? Could there be a stand alone controller card plugged into one of the PIC-E slots?

Intel® P55 Express Chipset built-in
6 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
Intel Matrix Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
JMicron® JMB361 PATA and SATA controller
1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices
1 xExternal SATA 3Gb/s port at rear

ReflexAction

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

I am using asus u3s6 usb 3.0 card but maybe because of this ?

I've never heard of anyone doing that deliberately but the possibility matches what Reflex is seeing. Great idea, then what he needs to do then is DL the current BIOS and flash it.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55D_LE/HelpDesk_Download/

Well that does have 2 sata ports on it but I can't get the ASUS website up to check the controller on it.

ReflexAction

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

I am using SATA which one is connected Intel chipset ?

http://oi68.tinypic.com/mtxagp.jpg

When I got on to the ASUS website and checked the drivers for the card it says the drivers are for a Marvell 912x Controller. Perhaps if you check the manual there is a way to turn off the SATA controller on it. Here is a link to the drivers if you need it. You can also see the DL for the manual if you need it.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessories/U3S6/HelpDesk_Download/

I can't see it where I'm at, but all the SATA3 controllers are off the Intel chipset.

ReflexAction

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

i checked manuals its just a quick setup guide not even manual

Manual says that all sata ports on motherboard are from Intel chipset.
Jmicron gives pata and external sata connectors.

So if you have nothing connected to it, it can't cause you any problems.
Is the problem that message "No Hard Disk Detected" for few seconds during post?
Why does it bother you?

ReflexAction

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

its delaying boot process about 5 seconds nothing more i just want to optimize my pc its not a big deal i can use like this too

I don't think you need to do the BIOS update since the issues appear to be from the USB3.0 card that was added. I wonder if you plug your optical drive into it if that will stop the error message? Otherwise unless there is a jumper or some other way to turn off the SATA ports on that card you just may have to live with that 5 second delay.

Is there a tech support number in the manual you can call?

TRENDING THREADS