[SOLVED] "No hard drive connected" error on Windows 10 ?

Avi Assayag

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
View: https://youtu.be/ekIP8-I14K8

So I tried to MIGRATE 1TB of data from OnedDrive to Google Drive, and failed spectacularly: I've set the OnedDrive destination folder to be on an external USB 3.0 HDD (4TB). The hope was that the PC app would download the files, I'll unlink it from the PC, and then upload it to Google. Well, after it finished, I unlinked it, but then - this strange error occurred. Is the hard drive dead? Can I do something to re-instate it to work again? Also, I see this annoying message, even after I uninstalled deleted OnedDrive and Google Drive from the PC. Any ideas?

Solution
Is the hard drive dead? Can I do something to re-instate it to work again?
Drives can die. You know.

With external drive multiple things can happen:
external enclosure electronics can die and​
drive itself can die.​
If external enclosure electronics is dead, then may be possible to remove drive from the enclosure and connect directly with sata cables to pc and access the data.

If drive itself has died, then you're out of luck. Drive needs to be replaced. For data recovery you'll have to contact professional data recovery services.

Tfo052

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello, have you tried unplugging and plugging in and wiggling the cord on the external hdd as it could be a loose connection.

Also, have you tried restarting (Not Shutdown) because restarting can sometimes fix weird issues and shutdown by default in windows 10 is closer to hibernate now. You can try plugging it into another pc but if all of this does not work it may be dead.

Is the hard drive dead? Can I do something to re-instate it to work again?
Drives can die. You know.

With external drive multiple things can happen:
external enclosure electronics can die and​
drive itself can die.​
If external enclosure electronics is dead, then may be possible to remove drive from the enclosure and connect directly with sata cables to pc and access the data.

If drive itself has died, then you're out of luck. Drive needs to be replaced. For data recovery you'll have to contact professional data recovery services.

Solution