[SOLVED] No hd audio

Mar 14, 2020
So I’ve been building a budget pc with second hand parts, I used a mobi from a dell precision t1600 and bought a case. I came to connect the front i/o and my mobo doesn’t have hd_audio I’m not sure what to do

Solution
So I’ve been building a budget pc with second hand parts, I used a mobi from a dell precision t1600 and bought a case. I came to connect the front i/o and my mobo doesn’t have hd_audio I’m not sure what to do
Your saying there is no port for it correct? If it’s anything like the older t3500 (which it probably is) there was a custom front panel connector on the board that’s fairly wide so you would have to do some home wiring to get front panel audio on that board. Another possibility is to get a 3.5mm jack extension cable and run it from the back through the case and make a little hole in the front. Or just get a usb audio device

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Your saying there is no port for it correct? If it’s anything like the older t3500 (which it probably is) there was a custom front panel connector on the board that’s fairly wide so you would have to do some home wiring to get front panel audio on that board. Another possibility is to get a 3.5mm jack extension cable and run it from the back through the case and make a little hole in the front. Or just get a usb audio device

Solution

TRENDING THREADS