no hdd bay?

epicoverclock

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
i have 3 hard drives but i cant find hdd bay in my case.
8zmf6r.jpg

Solution
oh, it's a rack-mount server case...

does he have alternative HDD brackets for the area circled in red? I think regular HDDs should be able to go in there flat or something...

epicoverclock

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

its a server case that my friend gave me for free that apparently was used in recording studio. i cant see the brand anywhere, only a serial number in some places. there is also that big thing that goes on top of the motherboard (pictured below) but it blocks my cpu cooler

33u8rci.jpg

oqf889.jpg

epicoverclock

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

the hdd will not fit in the area circled in red, hovewer an idea came to my mind to mount the hdds in the area where the optical drives like dvd drive would be use, but as a consequence the bay is bigger than a hdd and the 3 hdds will be only screwd on one side. i will post a pic once i finished with it

epicoverclock

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

this is what i ended up on doing:
2efn85l.jpg

btw, my 1156 motherboard (asus p7h55/usb3) has died. i was using quad core i5 760. now im using a pentium 4 ht cpu with a Gigabyte GTX 570 Super overclocked so my system is very unbalanced. do you know where i can get cheap socket 1156 motherboards from?

btw, thanks for best answer

if you have some thin rods of some sort (or just small foam pads), you may want to give the hanging HDDs some support on the other side... but it may not be a big deal if you won't be moving the drives much.

as for a socket 1156 mobo, they're honestly a dated item... I would look for a cheap used item from Amazon or comb through ebay/craig's list. i wouldn't buy anything new as the prices hasn't dropped that much (manufacturers simply stopped making them). if possible, check with the seller to see if the warranty is transferable