Question No HDMI or display port sound on rebuilt system, could use some other minds on this

Sparco23

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
Hey all. Finally rebuilt my system after losing it to a faulty water cooler. However I am not getting sound output to my Samsung TV from either the hdmi or display port. Below are is the current build:

Newest Radeon software
Windows 10 current/updated build
ASUS B450F-Gaming
Saphire Radeon HD 7870XT (old i know not updating until diablo 4 if it lasts)
Ryzen 5 3400G
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 DDR4
ATEVON 4K HDMI Cable ARC compatible

Ok so I have a display port to hdmi adapter hooked up to the monitor. My tv is a samsung with the One Connect box and is plugged in via HDMI cable from the graphics card to the input marked "ARC". The HDMI output is not even in the selected outputs disabled or disconnected options. i have usb speakers handling system audio. kind of at my wits end here. any ideas??

Last edited:

Sparco23

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
Hey all. Finally rebuilt my system after losing it to a faulty water cooler. However I am not getting sound output to my Samsung TV. Below are is the current build:

Newest Radeon software
Windows 10 current/updated build
ASUS B450F-Gaming
Saphire Radeon HD 7870XT (old i know not updating until diablo 4 if it lasts)
Ryzen 5 3400G
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 DDR4
ATEVON 4K HDMI Cable ARC compatible

Ok so I have a display port to hdmi adapter hooked up to the monitor. My tv is a samsung with the One Connect box and is plugged in via HDMI cable from the graphics card to the input marked "ARC". The HDMI output is not even in the selected outputs disabled or disconnected options. i have usb speakers handling system audio. kind of at my wits end here. any ideas??