[SOLVED] No HDMI or DVI signal input during USB install after PC upgrade

TechLogic

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
I just upgraded my computer, everything except the HDD(1)/SDD(2) and GPU are new. I switched from Intel to AMD, so I did a USB Media Creation tool to wipe all the old drivers just to be safe. Everything was going fine, it was walking me through the installation, I had to convert a drive to GPT/MBR (I forget which I needed) and cleared a drive, everything seemed to be going smoothly. I stepped away for 20 minutes or so and came back to a black screen, no signal input. I heard it can take a WHILE for fresh installs so I left it overnight, still nothing. I tried switching DVI/HDMI from mobo/GPU, nothing works. I tried unplugging main power for 60+ seconds and disconnecting ethernet and peripherals, nothing.

The only thing I can think of that might be an issues, or didn't go as planned is I didn't know which drive I was previously using as my boot/windows drive. I have two 250gb SDD, would it matter if i wiped and installed onto the wrong drive? Not sure this would prevent video signal but I thought I would mention it.

Does anyone have any clue here?

TIA

Edit: @rgd1101

Windows 10 Home x64
AMD 3700x
Seasonic Focus GX-650 80+ Gold
G.SKILL Flare X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
ASUS Strix 1080Ti
MSI B450 Tomahawk AM4
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2
1TB WD HDD 7200rpm
250Gb Samsung EVO SSD (x2)

Last edited:

TechLogic

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
@onespeedbiker I will have to check my exact BIOS version when I get home, but I do know it said "RYZEN 3000 Ready" on the box, it's a preflashed B450 for sure.

If my monitor was working before, could that still be a bios issue? I was messing around with the boot priority and just navigating around the BIOS no problem before I attempted to install Windows.