Question No HDMI signal after connecting ssd

Kasper E

Honorable
Mar 20, 2015
Hi y'all,

A few days ago I bought age of empires 4 only to come to the realization that I didn't have enough ram to play it. I bought some new ram, one thing led to another, things escalated a bit and currently I'm replacing my mother board, tower, SSD, ram and CPU😅.

The components in the pc are as follows:

MSI b460m mortar motherboard
Intel I7 10700k cpu
Samsung M2 SSD 970evo 1TB
2 x16gb Corsair vengeance pro

From my old PC I took:

PSU 650 watts
MSI GTX 750ti GPU
Coolermaster hyper evo 212
Samsung 850 Evo SSD Sata 250 GB (containing my os)
1 TB HDD drive

Anyway, i installed my components with an antistatic wristband and booted up the PC. I entered the bios because I wanted to boot from the old SSD and saw that it wasn't connected. When I opened up the tower I realized I hadn't connected my SSD and HDD to the PSU.

When I connected it (the only thing I connected without my antistatic wristband) I had no HDMI signal anymore. I disconnected the drives, but still no signal. I disconnected the GPU and plugged the HDMI into the Mobo, but still no signal. I changed the HDMI cable and monitor but still no signal. I reset the CMOS battery, the ram and all the cables but no signal....

I even measured the voltage of the PSU which is looking fine. All the lights on the motherboard are on and all the fans are spinning. Could I have fried the motherboard just by plugging in the drives? I feel like it seems unlikely. I used these drives last week and they were working fine.

I did see in the motherboard manual that the first Sata gate cannot be used if a M2 SSD is inserted. I did use the first gate after which it stopped working, could this be the issue? I'm kind of at my wit's end and any help would be appreciated.

Gr

Kasper

Kasper E

Honorable
Mar 20, 2015
Get a quality psu for your system
Do you think it's affecting the performance of my system or that it has somehow damaged another component? It was working before adding the drives to it. Is there a difference between PSUs performance wise if they provide the same amount of wattage and ampere?

TRENDING THREADS