No HDMI signal detected.

jamesd14

Honorable
Sep 15, 2014
I've just bought a BenQ GL2450HM 24" Screen and tried to hook it up to my freshly build PC but when I try connecting HDMI to HDMI from the monitor to GPU (Sapphire R9 290) it comes up with the message "HDMI No Signal Detected!". I haven't got a DVI to DVI cable but I've got a HDMI to DVI cable which I've tried with also the same results. I have also tried plugging it into my motherboard's integrated graphics card and still not signal detected. Could there be a problem with the monitor or could it be that I made a mistake whilst building it.

If the monitor says "no signal" you can be reasonably confident that there's nothing wrong with the monitor.
May be you didn't fit a powerful enough PSU? The R9 290 requires 750w PSU to be on the safe side, so if yours is much less than that the GPU won't be able to function.

Even the integrated GPU won't be able to supply a signal because the R9 290 still demands power even when there's no monitor connected to it.

Remove the R9 290 then try the integrated GPU. If the monitor gets a signal okay, it's your PSU that's underpowered.

jamesd14

Honorable
Sep 15, 2014
I've now tried to remove the GPU and only use the integrated GPU, still not signal. I've removed all drives and used only one stick of ram. same result. The power supply is 750w