Question No HDMI Signal From Device.

Feb 28, 2023
I upgraded from an old ASUS gpu to a Power Color RX6600 early last December. Everything was working fine until a few days ago. I had shut down the prior evening with no problems. The following morning, "No HDMI signal from device" displayed on my monitor. I checked cables, the monitor, reseated the card and the memory with no results. I then put in my old card and got the same message on my monitor. Has my old MSI board bit the dust? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Feb 28, 2023
MSI B350 Tomahawk, AMD Ryzen 5 1400, Couple of Samsung SSD's, an NvRM and one WD HD. 2 8gb sticks G. Skill Ripjaw PC3200. Corsair TX650W PSU. Plugged monitor into laptop which worked perfectly. Monitor is Dell S3220DGF. Phanteks case. Win10 Pro.

Feb 28, 2023
I did check the monitor by plugging it into my laptop which has an HDMI port and it worked just fine. I might have an old DVI monitor laying around I could test with. Thanks for the suggestion.
I ordered a display port cable for further testing.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023
Well folks, it's new Mobo time. I plugged in an HDMI 2.1 cable as well as a Display Port 1.4 cable with no change to lack of signal to monitor. I've been wanting to upgrade anyway with new cpu and mobo.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Mike

Feb 28, 2023
Update. Installed new motherboard and processor while I was at it and all is well. System performing beautifully. Just want to say the mfg. of my GPU, Power Color, was very responsive to my my dilemma.

Thanks again for your responses,

Mike