no icon for wireless network to reestablish a wireless

Hello,
hope i can get some help. I had a wireless network going for a month. Today
I got bounced off my isp and got back on the Internet after rebboting my
Netgearwgr614 v4. I am trying to reinstall my wireless net work (both XP main
PC and Comapc laptop). This is the problem:
To connect to a wireless network automatically
Open Network Connections.
""Click the wireless network connection icon"", and then, under Network
Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
THere is no icon for ""Click the wireless network connection icon". Can
someone give me an easy way to get my wireless network back working. I would
greatly appreciate it!
Thank you

Buhal,

I am assuming that you mean to say that you cannot see the wireless network.
A symptom of this would be that in the "Choose a wireless network" window,
you see nothing.
Please make sure that your Access Point is indeed working and powered on.
You may need to click "Refresh network list" at least once.

Please try this from both the laptop and the desktop machines, and write
back with the results.
If you cannot make the wireless connection work, try pluggin the laptop into
the Netgear and trying to connect from there. You should also be able to
log into the Netgear's administrator web page and make sure that the
configuration is correct.

--
Brian Wehrle
bwehrle@online.microsoft.com