No Idea the issue, but ive had a tonne of Blue Screen of Death Errors and need help!

Sep 12, 2018
Hello,
Crazy issues with a new laptop, tried everything, turning to the community for help, thanks

5 Days ago i bought a new MSI laptop (specs at the end), i did the set up and downloaded everything i needed, including League of Legends which is where the problem arose. No issue playing it for 3 days, but half way through a game on the 3rd day pixels started getting funky, my game froze and i received my first BSOD ( IRQL Not Less Or Equal), i ignored it went back into another game and received the same error on the next crash. Google told em to update drivers, which i did, updated every driver on my laptop, tried another game received a new error after the same pixels bugging issue, this time called System Service Exception. I tried other random fixes found on google, tried another game, and got another BSOD this time Video Schedular Internal Error. I happened to check my task manager and found my cpu at 100% and RAM at around 60%, with nothing open. System was using A LOT of cpu, specifically ntoskrnl.exe, and also system idle process. I didnt know what to do so i tried running a system fixer upon rebooting my laptop, trying that i got errors so i couldnt run repairs, after i couldnt open windows. I then used command prompt to check my storage and for some reason both my HDD and SSD were completely full ( I used max 100GB total so far). I deleted everthing, reinstalled windows using a usb, re downloaded everything, downloaded nvidia driver, ran league again and BOOM! pixels started bugging and so i closed league, then closed spotify 2 minutes after, another new BSOD time time Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error. Ive given up solving this by myself so im asking for all your help in helping me, thank you so much for any and all feedback, thanks.

Laptop: MSI GL62M 7RDX
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1050
Windows 10
Processor: I5 7300HQ
Ram: 8GB

TL:DR:
New laptop, randomly when playing League BSOD IRQL Not less or equal, after loads of fixing attempts with new BSOD errors each time and 100% cpu and 60% ram with nothing open i reinstall windows, problem not solved, got a new BSOD error, thanks for any help, appreciated.

Solution
AFAIK MSI does not use removable GPU's so there is nothing you can do but replace the laptop. I did not look into your specific one though.
Honestly, why waste your time trying to fix something that should work, it's brand new. You did a valiant effort going thru all the troubleshooting that you did and you get props for that.

Refund process? I'm guessing you did not buy it locally then. :(
Sep 12, 2018

Hello and thanks for the response, I managed to locate the issue, i disabled my Nvidia graphics card and didnt get any BSOD's when loading into a LoL game, but as soon as I re-enabled it i got a BSOD, do you know any reasons as to why or any solutions? I've made a new thread about it:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3784371/nividia-1050-causing-bsod-errors.html

Thanks!

Sep 12, 2018

Seeing as there is now a known cause for the problem I would like to see if there is a better solution. Before it could of been anything but now I know its to do with the Nvidia graphics card. I'd rather not have to go for a refund process as i can't be without the laptop for that long as it is needed.

Thanks

popatim

Titan
AFAIK MSI does not use removable GPU's so there is nothing you can do but replace the laptop. I did not look into your specific one though.
Honestly, why waste your time trying to fix something that should work, it's brand new. You did a valiant effort going thru all the troubleshooting that you did and you get props for that.

Refund process? I'm guessing you did not buy it locally then. :(

Solution
Sep 12, 2018

Yea i've tried everything and more, I bought it from Amazon, had a really good deal on which is why wanted to to try fix it rather than refund.The next one I'll buy will probably have worse specs for the same price, but i guess at least it will work for more than 3 days haha. But i guess I have no choice at this point but to refund :(

Thanks for the help tho, very much appreciated