[SOLVED] No idea what’s happening to my PC right now, can someone please help?

Dec 1, 2019
Hey people,

So recently on another post I got some help with my pc not not having enough power to supply my PC with the required power; so onto my next problem which I encountered, I have been getting VPS watchdog violation blue screens googled these and I’ve been told not to worry and to update my drivers.

I updated my drivers and got things sorted but then I’ve now got a new problem which will be shown with two images. Honestly I believe my PC is cursed or I am, but if anyone can help me with finding an understanding on what’s causing this, it’ll be highly appreciated.

Being PC'less on a University course which requires a PC ain't easy. (My gut instinct is telling me this could be GPU related, or HDD).

Specs:
Corsair RM850 PSU.
Nvidia 1080 ti.
2TB Toshiba HDD.
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 DDR4.
CPU: i7 7900K
Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PLUS.

image0.jpg
image0.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Nuuu RAM is the same make
Unless they were packaged together, they are not the same.

but it keeps taking forever to boot now
What are the specs of this 2TB Toshiba HDD? How full is it?

I don’t know what’s wrong with the gpu to cause this either sadly
I'm not 100% on this, but I think those artifacts are caused by a hardware defect, either on the PCB or within the silicon itself. The early retail 2080Ti models suffered from a similar issue. An RMA was the only solution for it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIRfPlC15uc

After looking around some, it appears it wasn't exclusive to 2080Tis.
Dec 1, 2019
I'm not sure about the 1st image, but the 2nd one appears to be a really blocky version of the space invaders/white skulls artifacts, which I hope for your sake isn't the case...
Em, I’ve always wanted to play space invaders without the game 😅

But yeah if this has happened to anyone else I kinda need my gpu and can’t afford to replace it, also I legit thought it was square smash symbols in the first image 😂

Dec 1, 2019
You've got a great psu now...
You didn't mix ram, right?
No overclocks?

Are you able to get in with the gpu removed?
Nuuu RAM is the same make, no overclocks I got in without the gpu, but it keeps taking forever to boot now; I don’t know what’s wrong with the gpu to cause this either sadly, and it’s one of the main components I need for work, it might be a RIP

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Nuuu RAM is the same make
Unless they were packaged together, they are not the same.

but it keeps taking forever to boot now
What are the specs of this 2TB Toshiba HDD? How full is it?

I don’t know what’s wrong with the gpu to cause this either sadly
I'm not 100% on this, but I think those artifacts are caused by a hardware defect, either on the PCB or within the silicon itself. The early retail 2080Ti models suffered from a similar issue. An RMA was the only solution for it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIRfPlC15uc

After looking around some, it appears it wasn't exclusive to 2080Tis.

Solution
Dec 1, 2019
So coming back to this post, switching gpu worked but now I’m running into so many more problems; I’m getting lot more blue screens and a lot more problems while on my pc, reseated the RAM and that seemed to sort my issue for about 3 days and now I’m back to square 1 where my pc struggles to boot....

Dec 1, 2019
While downloading the two files I opened up my task manager and my GPU is going crazy for example my Google Chrome is taking up to 90% of my GPU, I know this shouldn't be happening seeing my GPU is new and is a 2080, this is the first time realising this, also I don't have it overclocked
unknown.png

Dec 1, 2019
Also CrystalDisk says my Hard drive health is still "Good" I feel like there's either a virus somewhere or I have another defective GPU, which I'm apparently having no luck with cause if it's the case this will be the 3rd time now.

Dec 1, 2019
@rgd1101 I tested the files it was happening before the files were downloaded to my PC, this then has caused my PC to go into an infinite loop which the culprit isn't the GPU, I have a feeling my CPU has gone again or the motherboard or PSU has been another defect, hopefully when I get the money I'll be able to get my PC to work again because like I said I really need it for work, thank you all for your help as well it's really appreciated I'm just having no luck with this PC