No idea what type of ram to get

KELL 561

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
I'm building my first rig and I'm ordering my parts tomorrow on newegg to hit up that 10% cashback deal YAY!!!!!! but yea I'm just using it to do internet, play games (Crysis, CoD MW2, and probly the new battlefield game, and watch soem movies. I'm getting the MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard and was thinking of getting this for memory

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231189

if you have any other suggestion around that price point I'm all open. Like i think I saw 6 gigs of ram for like 30$ more but I think the timings were higher. But yea I am kind of on a budget so nothing 200$ or in that area you know what I mean. Thank You

gebbz

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
I do not know what budget constrictions you are under but I would consider looking at Intel's new i7 lineup so that you can take advantage of the tri channel memory and various other incredible technologies.

It would cost more but on the whole your system would be quicker and probably have a longer life.

About the ram you have chosen, I have read nothing but good things about G.Skill and will probably be ordering some tomorrow too. :wahoo: