No Ideas Left

G

in the office we have a hub and 7 pcs connected into it, all other pcs are able to see each other on the workgroup, except my pc.

ive tried everything i know and i can sometimes see myself on the workgroup but no one else.

i can ping other pc's from the dos promt and get a repl so i must be communicating with them on a different level

i als have to take into account the adsl configuration as not to ah heck it up

:)

anyone got any ideas what i can do now?

"faster than a buttered weasel thrown down a greasy tube"

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
thats bloody windows for ya!!, I get that problem A LOT at home, have my server (2k), mine(98), and my kids(98), 9 times out of 10, after a reboot on my machine there is no "kidspc" in nelly neigborhood, but the server is there,and from the server I can see the "kidspc", and I can ping the "kidspc" fine, after some time (sometimes 20 mins or so), I can refresh NN and its there!!, bloody annoying, as a workaround, once the pc was visible, I mapped the drives, I can now access the drives even when NN doesnt show the pc, not an answer to your problem, but a possible workaround.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

G

all the good protocols are installed

running 98se

ive tried swapping cables to see if thats the prob but nothing new happens

G

"all the good protocols are installed"

Be more specific.... do you have NetBEUI? Try it...

G

i tried netbeui

it laffed at me even more

i have installed:

client for microsoft networks
realtek rtl8029 pci ethernet nic
tcp/ip
file and print sharing for windoze networks

anything else i need?

lordmeatball

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2001
I often have that problem at home also. If I go Find>computer and type the name of the computer I'm looking for it will find it. Then that computer will magically appear in Network Neiborhood. Make sure your workgroup is set the same as everyone else, I've noticed it helps.

FatBurger

Illustrious
That first one is usually caused by people running 98 and 95 not being able to see each other in Network Neighborhood.

And I could have sworn somebody brought up the idea of being in the same workgroup, but I guess I was wrong.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

Flyboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Can you see your own computer in Network neighborhood? One time I couldn't see anyone in the neighborhood (network not found) and I tried Releasing and Renewing the IP info in WINIPCFG. It worked!

Just type winipcfg in Start>run...and make sure you select the ethernet adapter (not PPP)

OH...and as posted DO make sure you are part of the same Workgroup. (go to network properties and select Identification)

Catheter and Caffeine IV are in place. Let's PLAY.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flyboy on 07/14/01 03:38 AM.</EM></FONT></P>