Apr 3, 2020
Hey I've got a strix b450-f gaming motherboard with a ryzen 5 3600 no graphics card when i turn on the computer gives 1 normal beep after a few seconds it beeps again 1long beep following 3 short beeps.
What should I do?
Video of error

Last edited:
Solution
If you are trying to display a signal from the motherboard outputs to your monitor, it won't work.

Your CPU doesn't have integrated graphics, which means a dedicated GPU is required to display a signal on your screen
Apr 3, 2020
Hey I've got a strix b450-f gaming motherboard with a ryzen 5 3600 no graphics card when i turn on the computer gives 1 normal beep after a few seconds it beeps again 1long beep following 3 short beeps.
What should I do?
Video

Apr 3, 2020
Unless it's confirmed to have a BIOS update to support the 3600 (either a sticker on the box, or actually printed on the box "Ryzen 3000 ready"), then yes, it needs a BIOS update.

I don't believe the B450-F have any form of BIOS flashback feature, so you'd need a compatible CPU (1st or 2nd Gen Ryzen) to perform the update.
Motherboard it says its ryzen 3 ready but everyone says it need bios update.
I've bought a amd athlon GE200 will it be able to bios update?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
"Ryzen 3", "3000" or "3rd Gen" ?
Where does it say that? On the motherboard box?

There's a few variants of the 200GE.
The original (launched in late 2008, IIRC) is supported as of BIOS revision 0207 - the same as all the 2000 series CPUs.

There were revisions, that are only supported as of BIOS 2008, which sits between the original BIOS launch (02xx) and the ones to support 3000 series CPUs (23xx). Ultimately, it all depends on the BIOS revision the board shipped with, and the revision of that Athlon specifically.

Apr 3, 2020
"Ryzen 3", "3000" or "3rd Gen" ?
Where does it say that? On the motherboard box?

There's a few variants of the 200GE.
The original (launched in late 2008, IIRC) is supported as of BIOS revision 0207 - the same as all the 2000 series CPUs.

There were revisions, that are only supported as of BIOS 2008, which sits between the original BIOS launch (02xx) and the ones to support 3000 series CPUs (23xx). Ultimately, it all depends on the BIOS revision the board shipped with, and the revision of that Athlon specifically.
Ryzen 3000 ready

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Ryzen 3000 ready

Wait, you must've had two threads that have been merged.
If it states 3000 ready, you should be fine.

What should I do?
Video of error

That CPU needs a GPU.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
So I do have a graphics card with i didn't before.
So I should be fine with ge200 right?

If the box states "Ryzen 3000 ready", you should be fine with even the 3600. The 200GE should be fine too.

Do you still have no display? What GPU are you using? Are you using the 200GE's iGP?
How are you connected to the display (HDMI or DP if using the onboard outputs and the 200GE)? Are you using any adapters (to VGA, DVI etc?)

Apr 3, 2020
If the box states "Ryzen 3000 ready", you should be fine with even the 3600. The 200GE should be fine too.

Do you still have no display? What GPU are you using? Are you using the 200GE's iGP?
How are you connected to the display (HDMI or DP if using the onboard outputs and the 200GE)? Are you using any adapters (to VGA, DVI etc?)

With the 3600 it pops the red led if you see the video you will see it.
I'll try tomorrow (bought today) the ge200
My graphic card is ati radeon HD 6870 1gb and I used hdmi

Apr 3, 2020
Green = ok.

No, I meant any LED that stays red, it'll have a corresponding label on the motherboard telling you what the LED is, suggesting red LED = problem with X.

IIRC, the LED I see in the video is actually DRAM, but not 100% certain on that.
Only that led that I have and it shows first red then goes green. On the manual it says that red is cpu

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
You just need to install a video card.
It is normal for those MB LEDs to come on for a few seconds and then turn off while posting.
When one of them stays lit that will tell you there is a problem with the corresponding component.
View: https://imgur.com/Ghi5YA7

That's why the white LED is staying lit, you need a Graphics card installed.

PS
The Beep codes are also indicating the fact that you don't have a video card installed:
View: https://imgur.com/YElPnw7

PSS
It appears that your MB already has a Ryzen 3000 compatible BIOS because the RED (CPU) light comes on but then goes off.
If it didn't recognize the CPU the RED LED would stay lit.
Just FYI, my Asus ROG Strix X470-F that I bought in October 2019 came with a Ryzen 3000 compatible BIOS.
So it makes sense that a B450-F that you just recently bought would have a Ryzen 3000 BIOS as well.

Last edited: