Jan 3, 2018
PC config :-
Ryzen 3 3200G
Gtx 1060 6gb
MSI A320M Pro VD/S V2
480GB SSD
512GB HDD
1x8 GB Corsair Memory (this one)

I added another stick of the same RAM as Ryzens function better with two sticks is what I've seen.
However, I don't see much of an improvement in games that are CPU based and even use more RAM. About 10-15 fps is increased in some parts of the game.
I'm not sure if this is a correct measure of performance increase but CPU-Z score increased by just a few units(multi and single thread)and even encoding video on Handbrake took about 5 seconds less.
I set the XMP profile to 2, which should give me better performance.

What am I missing here? Or were my expectations too high?

Solution
Dual channel RAM performance, while important, is not very substantial in terms of an "upgrade". Its more so to avoid single channel RAM during purchase.
10-15FPS is honestly more that I would have expected from just adding a second stick of RAM.
Dual channel RAM performance, while important, is not very substantial in terms of an "upgrade". Its more so to avoid single channel RAM during purchase.
10-15FPS is honestly more that I would have expected from just adding a second stick of RAM.

Solution

chafekaraditya

Reputable
Jan 3, 2018
Oh, I see.

But would that be the case for Ryzen Processors too? I have seen games getting their FPS doubled by simply making the ram dual channel (2x4GB instead of 1x8GB)

Oh, I see.

But would that be the case for Ryzen Processors too? I have seen games getting their FPS doubled by simply making the ram dual channel (2x4GB instead of 1x8GB)
This is a great example of why youtube shouldnt be used as a reference.
If you look at their system they are using the integrated graphics on that processor, which relies heavily on system RAM for iGPU.

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS