[SOLVED] No input signal issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2020
I’m having an issue, I hope someone can point me in the direction of what needs replacing.

I have an Asus P8V77-V LX Mobo with an I-3570k CPU that as the header states, is giving a no input detected on video. I’ve tested both on board VGA and HDMI as well as HDMI on a GTX770. No input on anything. Verified two monitors functionality with a separate pc. I have a 500W cooler master power supply, and also a 600w Rosewill, both power the other PC no issues, but have the same problem here. There is also a 1TB Samsung SSD and a 500GB WD HDD. I have reset the CMOS. Both pulling the battery and flipping the jumper to pins 2 and 3. I’ve taken apart and reseated every component and plug in the tower. Including two 8GB HyperX ddr3 ram sticks. I do have a constant Mobo power light. My ram light blinks once when booted and stays off. All fans and case lights function. If a keyboard is plugged in it will dimly flash the backlight at powering up, then goes dark. I have swapped the CPU for a compatible 2nd gen i3.

The only semi-success I’ve achieved is if a do a minimal boot with nothing but the CPU, PSU, Mobo, HDMI via onboard, Corsair CC-9011050-WW case controls and fans. When I initially power it up, I have nothing, if I hit the case reset button, about 70% percent of the time, it will load to bios. At this point I can plug in the keyboard via USB 3.0, it will stay lit and functional. Once the keyboard is plugged in, if I reset, it will not load bios. It is not specific to resetting to get to bios, it has loaded on initial boot a few times with far less frequency. But as soon as I plug in any SATA, USB, or add a GPU. I get nothing on reset or boot. I have successfully had it boot to bios about ten times. When I get to bios and do not add any peripheral and hit the reset, it will load to bios every time, as long as I don’t kill power. As soon as anything is attached and reset, no signal detected.

I’m thinking it’s the motherboard, even though it’s kind of acting like a PSU issue. But both PSU’s function perfect in the other machine. Can anyone verify this, point me in the right direction if it’s potentially not a Mobo issue, and perhaps explain what might be happening?

If you need anymore information please let me know. First time poster but longtime lurker. I can usually find and fix a problem using these forums. But I’m gonna need some help on this one.

Thanks!

Solution
I’m having an issue, I hope someone can point me in the direction of what needs replacing.

I have an Asus P8V77-V LX Mobo with an I-3570k CPU that as the header states, is giving a no input detected on video. I’ve tested both on board VGA and HDMI as well as HDMI on a GTX770. No input on anything. Verified two monitors functionality with a separate pc. I have a 500W cooler master power supply, and also a 600w Rosewill, both power the other PC no issues, but have the same problem here. There is also a 1TB Samsung SSD and a 500GB WD HDD. I have reset the CMOS. Both pulling the battery and flipping the jumper to pins 2 and 3. I’ve taken apart and reseated every component and plug in the tower. Including two 8GB HyperX ddr3 ram sticks...

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020

I have an Asus P8V77-V LX Mobo with an I-3570k CPU that as the header states, is giving a no input detected on video. I’ve tested both on board VGA and HDMI as well as HDMI on a GTX770. No input on anything. Verified two monitors functionality with a separate pc. I have a 500W cooler master power supply, and also a 600w Rosewill, both power the other PC no issues, but have the same problem here. There is also a 1TB Samsung SSD and a 500GB WD HDD. I have reset the CMOS. Both pulling the battery and flipping the jumper to pins 2 and 3. I’ve taken apart and reseated every component and plug in the tower. Including two 8GB HyperX ddr3 ram sticks. I do have a constant Mobo power light. My ram light blinks once when booted and stays off. All fans and case lights function. If a keyboard is plugged in it will dimly flash the backlight at powering up, then goes dark. I have swapped the CPU for a compatible 2nd gen i3.

The only semi-success I’ve achieved is if a do a minimal boot with nothing but the CPU, PSU, Mobo, HDMI via onboard, Corsair CC-9011050-WW case controls and fans. When I initially power it up, I have nothing, if I hit the case reset button, about 70% percent of the time, it will load to bios. At this point I can plug in the keyboard via USB 3.0, it will stay lit and functional. Once the keyboard is plugged in, if I reset, it will not load bios. It is not specific to resetting to get to bios, it has loaded on initial boot a few times with far less frequency. But as soon as I plug in any SATA, USB, or add a GPU. I get nothing on reset or boot. I have successfully had it boot to bios about ten times. When I get to bios and do not add any peripheral and hit the reset, it will load to bios every time, as long as I don’t kill power. As soon as anything is attached and reset, no signal detected.

I’m thinking it’s the motherboard, even though it’s kind of acting like a PSU issue. But both PSU’s function perfect in the other machine. Can anyone verify this, point me in the right direction if it’s potentially not a Mobo issue, and perhaps explain what might be happening?

If you need anymore information please let me know. First time poster but longtime lurker. I can usually find and fix a problem using these forums. But I’m gonna need some help on this one.

Thanks!

Hi sorry this is a little late, but just to make sure, is your GTX 770's fans still spinning? If they are, then that usually means that the GPU is still functional, although you'd have to have another motherboard to confirm that. If you can get into the BIOS, then try and use the hardware monitor feature that most mobos have to check if the gpu is detected. Afterwards, try booting into windows through boot override, or safe mode. If it boots, then most likely you have a CPU issue. However, seeing as you can't connect SATA, maybe it's the motherboard. I think that the best step into troubleshooting is to get a cheap motherboard that is fully functional and retesting everything.

I hope this helps!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.