Question No Input Signal to monitor with new VGA cables ?

Jul 1, 2021
I got a new desktop assembled. The specs are basically i3 10th Gen with Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (maximum resolution possible 4096 x 2304). My monitor is an Acer B223wl (maximum resolution possible 1680 x 1050). My monitor has been used before, it was bought second-hand. When I first switched on the computer and went to the screen resolution settings, I saw an option for 2048 x 1152 (which shouldn't be the case, given the maximum resolution of the monitor). When I selected it the screen went blank and all I got was the much dreaded "No Input Signal" display. I tried using a spare cable, logging in through Safe Mode, all to no avail.

Connecting two monitors and bringing up display settings on the one that works and using those to change the other to the correct resolution did not help either. I had another Monitor in the house, though, when I checked that out it worked with the desktop. Frustrated, I went back to the seller, who chucked in a cable fixed to his personal monitor. It worked. A few days ago, just for fun, I tried chucking in a new VGA cable I had ordered some time back to see whether the problem had gone away. It had not: I get the "No Input Signal" whenever I use another cable. Now my question is, in the event the cable that works with the Acer monitor goes for a six, what option do I have? For that matter, what do you think the problem is? Is it to do with the Monitor, or the Computer, or the VGA cable?

its that cable
vga has 15 pin connectors, but not every vga cable has all 15 wires connected
well its not that monitor wouldnt work even if you use cheap cable, 9 wires is minimum, u just have to install monitor driver (proper vga cable doesnt need driver as it can read monitor through those missing wires)

Jul 1, 2021
its that cable
vga has 15 pin connectors, but not every vga cable has all 15 wires connected
well its not that monitor wouldnt work even if you use cheap cable, 9 wires is minimum, u just have to install monitor driver (proper vga cable doesnt need driver as it can read monitor through those missing wires)

So you’re saying generic cables won’t work? What if I use a DVI VGA cable? Will that be a viable solution? As for the driver, you mean separate from the Graphics driver right?