"No Intel(R) adapters are present in this computer" Help

DayQuil_Man

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015
I'm having trouble with a new build i just put together for my friend.
Ryzen 1700x AsRock Taichi x370 Gtx 1070 Windows 10
After installing windows and getting into it I was not able to connect to the internet, neither with ethernet or using the wireless connector on the motherboard. So I downloaded all drivers concerning internet from asrock (Intel Bluetooth driver, Intel Lan driver and intel Wireless Lan driver). I was able to only install the bluetooth and wireless driver. When i tried to install the lan driver it prompted me with a message stating: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) adapters are present in this computer". So I want on the intel website and downloaded this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=36773
But I'm prompted with the same message. When checking device manager, I expand the network adapter tab but all there is, is wpn stuff, no Intel(R) gigabit network connection. I also tried performing a network reset which didn't help either. The bios is also updated to latest.
I'm unsure what to do and kind of worried, would appreciate any help.

Solution

Yep, just got a new motherboard yesterday and now everything is working as it should. Appreciate the help everyone :D

DayQuil_Man

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015

I checked the bios and there is absolutely nothing in there about enabling/disabling NIC. Only switching from dhcp to ppp0e.

DayQuil_Man

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015

Not able to get on the internet using the wireless adapter or ethernet.

Windows can get weird with it's network drivers sometimes (tho admittedly not usually this weird). When I want to check if it's a Windows thing or a hardware thing, I'll boot off a bootable Linux distro. Typically if that isn't working, then it's a hardware issue. It's not a for sure method, but it's quick and easy and typically gets the job done.

Since you had access to the internet from a second system, try downloading Yumi (https://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/) and throwing something small like Mint linux on to a USB and boot off that. Rufus works too, but Yumi will send you straight to the Linux distro download. If it's showing and connecting to the net, your Windows install is probably borked and it'd be quicker to do a reinstall than try and fix since you just installed. If it isn't showing, then it sounds like a hardware issue. At which point I'd contact Asrocks customer service and see if it's fixable with maybe a firmware patch or setup a return/RMA.

DayQuil_Man

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015

I was able to only install the bluetooth and wireless driver. When i tried to install the lan driver it prompted me with a message stating: "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) adapters are present in this computer".

DayQuil_Man

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015

So, new problem. I tried to install the intel gigabit lan driver on the computer and when I did so it would freeze then the monitor would go into no signal.And looking at the Q code on the motherboard it was displaying "00" which means to: "Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then clear CMOS". So I removed the cpu cleaned it and made sure there were no bent pins then re-installed it and cleared cmos. But the problem still persisted. So I'm guessing it's either a faulty motherboard or cpu. My friend bought these parts from microcenter and he still has time to exchange them. but I want to know what you think?

p.s. I also did a clean reinstall of windows.

UPDATE: I will be heading down to microcenter tomorrow to exchange both the motherboard and cpu (to be extra safe).

DayQuil_Man

Honorable
Aug 26, 2015

Yep, just got a new motherboard yesterday and now everything is working as it should. Appreciate the help everyone :D

Solution