no internet access after doing factory reset on my pc

heartofgod4u

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
I had to do a factory reset to my pc (older eMachines model) and I can now no longer access the internet, I have tried everything. The router is plugged directly into my PC via Ethernet cord but I keep getting "page cannot be displayed" error when I try to pull up any web page.

We can connect multiple devices to the wifi using this same modem with no issues, it's just an issue when it comes to the stinkin desktop pc.

I have contacted my internet provider-TWC multiple times & literally wasted several hours trying to get the rep to understand the issue, all they end up doing is referring me to my computer manufacturer.

I have googled everything I can think of to guide me in the right direction & nothing is really helpful enough to get me on track so I can fix whatever the issue is.

We have used this same PC (prior to factory reset) and connected it to the internet with no problems at all. When I say this is an older eMachines model, the default internet provider is AOL...just putting that out there in case someone knows & can help.

I feel like it is something to do with the settings, but have no idea where to start. If anyone can help out with this it would be super awesome!

If your system came with a pre installed os, and was a ready to run out of the box, meaning when you first turned it on it loaded windows.

You may have to install all of the drivers for the motherboard inside the emachines tower,or laptop system.
You should find the drivers for the board either in a folder named drivers on your hard disk drive of the emachines computer.

Or should of been provided with a cd or a dvd disk with the drivers on it.
If you have lost the disk or cannot remember having one, and there is no folder on the hard disk drive labeled drivers.
You will have to use another computer to get the drivers for the motherboard used in the emachines computer.

All you need to do is find the brand name or maker of the Pre built system.
And the towers model number, or the model number range it is in. found on a sticker on the tower or laptop.

Once you have this information
Do a google search with : like emachines and the tower model number and just put drivers as a search word in google.

Click on the link below and put the model number of the tower, or laptop from a sticker found on the tower or if a laptop on the base of the laptop.

Bellow is the link to the driver support download section for emachines laptops or tower systems.
i have already done some of the work for you if you click on the link bellow, to get you started.

Click on me!! ->http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/drivers

Have a usb pen or flash drive with lot`s of free space on it and connect it to the computer you are using to get the drivers for the emachines computer system to save all of the drivers from the support site for your towers motherboard or laptop to the usb pen drive.
When you have saved all of the drivers, remove it from the system you are using to get the drivers.

Simply power up the emachines computer and put the usb pen, or flash drive in one of it`s free usb ports at the back of the tower ect.

Run or execute all of the drivers from the usb flash device and install them to the emachines computer.
Then do a restart of the computer.

You should then get your ethernet, Lan adapter port working on the emachines computer to access the internet via you home network, router you are using at home.

heartofgod4u

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015

heartofgod4u

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015

heartofgod4u

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
Sorry I am just now answering, I was trying to respond from my cell phone but it didn't get me this are to type in.

But, to answer your question, I actually do still have my eMachines restore Disk, I just can't figure out how to use them. I did yet another factory reset last night like twice with Disk#1 in the drive hoping it would prompt for the rest of the disks & it didn't.

One strange thing about when I did the factory reset, is it would allow my to pull up emachines website, but I couldn't click on anything & when I tried to open a different web page I kept getting "Page Cannot Be Displayed".

I thought I knew a lil bit about computers, but I guess not lol

heartofgod4u

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
I honestly have no idea :(
I don't know if this answers your question but when I did the factory reset last night, it mentioned 2004. So it's pretty much in the early dial-up settings age etc.