No internet access( requires router restart )

Supreez

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Hi there, so lately I've had this problem on my old desktop pc whenever I turn it on it says No Access to internet, it works only after I restart my router. I am using an ethernet cable. Please help! :)

Ralston18

Titan
How are you connected to the internet: Modem ---> Router or combination Modem/Router?

Make and model router? How old? Good power connection at wall outlet and router?

Are you using a motherboard built-in Ethernet port, a PCIx slot Ethernet card, or a USB to Ethernet adapter?

Who manages the network router? You may need to work with that person to get connectivity back to normal. I.e., "normal" meaning no more restarts.

More information is needed.

Respect2Glory

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015

I'm on a 3 year old Acer laptop having the same issue with erratic internet loss and having to reboot warm or cold for my internet connection. After reading this and microsoft's forums, I'm going to reinstall my Win8.1 OS. I've not had the APP Store working for over a year anyway. Currently in backup mode. I'm just an old geek, tired of the tweaking search to make things work.