No Internet After New Graphics Card

Ryuti

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
I just recently switched my graphics card (750 ti to a GTX 970) and aside from some issues with it not booting at first, I finally got it up and running, but for some reason the internet isn't working. There's nothing wrong with the cable and it works on my laptop, so it's not that

It doesn't show up in device manager or light up in the back.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I have to get a network adapter?

Solution
Yes.

The only difference between an X1 slot and an x4 or x8 is that it has more lanes for more bandwidth.
You can plug an x1 card in ANY PCI-E slot from x1 to x16.

The only "dedicated one" is your first x16 slot as most motherboards only have one x16 that can actually run at x16 speed and the others only actually have x8 or x4 capability. Think of it like there is a total of x52 slots (adding the x16s, x8s, x1s together) but the motherboard only has a max x36 bandwidth to share.

Ryuti

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

It's built into the motherboard, yes

It's a GA-F2A78M-D3H

Yes.

The only difference between an X1 slot and an x4 or x8 is that it has more lanes for more bandwidth.
You can plug an x1 card in ANY PCI-E slot from x1 to x16.

The only "dedicated one" is your first x16 slot as most motherboards only have one x16 that can actually run at x16 speed and the others only actually have x8 or x4 capability. Think of it like there is a total of x52 slots (adding the x16s, x8s, x1s together) but the motherboard only has a max x36 bandwidth to share.

Solution