Question No internet connect on PC when I turn my hotpot on from windows 10

ToSeekHelp

Prominent
Aug 20, 2020
So simply put, i use my pc as a mobile hotspot and it was working perfectly until the last windows update. BUT the moment I activate the hotspot on my pc, it turns on but my pc loses internet connection. But am able use the internet from any device i connect to the hotspot like my laptop and phone. its just my pc has no internet connection at all, even thought im runnign the hotspot from it and other devices connects to it and works perfectly.

Jun 15, 2022
Hi, same problem here. My laptop has been up for about 23 days in a row. Today, I got a blue screen with message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - and after that windows started updating. When the PC has been restarted and the mobile hotspot has been turned on - suddenly a browser would not connect to internet, however "ping" command shows everything is fine, and windows itself shows that there is internet through Ethernet port. (More info: Windows 10 Pro 21H1, Build: 19043.1766). Looks like the problematic update is
June 14, 2022-KB5013887 Cumulative Update for .NET
as the problem is new and I could not find any mentions of the problem on internet except for new reports like this. I will try to uninstall this update and let you know if it fixed the problem.

Jun 15, 2022
Ok, Looks like KB5013887 has nothing to do with the Hotspot - but there are 2 other updates (sorry, don't remember KBs , but ) they are named "Security update" and "Windows update or smth" both of them are from the latest update coming from June 14, 2022. You may find out the exact KBs using Google. For me, I just uninstalled all of them - because they're not letting me work properly ) I would recommend before uninstalling - to pause your windows updates.

Jun 15, 2022
To summarize, the latest update KB5014699 has this note:
"IMPORTANT On May 19, 2022, we released an out-of-band (OOB) update to address an issue that might cause machine certificate authentication failures on domain controllers. If you haven’t installed the May 19, 2022 or later releases, then installing this June 14, 2022 update will also address that issue."
From my experience - this update has affected the internet not connecting on PC when mobile hotspot is on and/or has device(s) connected to it.
As a solution, I would recommend uninstalling the latest updates by :
1) Win+X , type View your Update history or
Windows Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update -> View update history
  1. Click Uninstall updates
  2. Find update with KB5014699 in it
  3. Uninstall it
  4. Restart your PC
  5. Check if everything is working now

If any questions, feel free to ask.