Question No internet connection to windows based computers from ethernet hubs but android devices work

Apr 23, 2019
Hello. I downloaded and installed the newest windows 10 build 1903 on desktop pc. I now have No internet connection to windows based computers from ethernet hubs but android devices work. My setup is Bell homehub 3000 with one 8 port dlink dgs-1008g switch and TP-Link TL-SG1005D 5 port switch. first connection from hh3k is the 5 port hub then the 8 port hub is connected to that. On the 5 port I have Samsung tv, buzzbox,soundbar,sony bluray player connected. on the 8 port I have windows 10 desktop, windows 8.1 desktop connected. Everything worked just fine before the update.The tv, buzz box, bluray and soundbar all have internet connection on the 5 port hub. the desktops connected to 8 port hub do not. I have tried hooking up windows laptop with known working cable to the 5 port hub but it does not work ,same with the 8 port hub. the error message is ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration. I have ran a different cable to the 8 port but same error. I have tried all the solutions where I use the command prompt for ipconfig. nothing works. It is driving me crazy!
I have 2 hp laptops windows 10 on wifi, 1 windows 7 acer laptop on wifi. when I try connecting all of them via working ethernet cable to either hub same error no valid ip configuration. I have ran malware and virus software on everything and northing. Please help.

Lutfij

Titan
I would ask you to try and pair the Homehub with your desktop PC and see if you get any internet over that connection. If you do, you can work your way to adding the switches and see what is preventing the data from trickling down. On another note, you may want to see if your cables are in order and if replacing them solves the issue.

FYI, Windows Media Creation Tools has 1809 up for download+installation. Where did you source 1903?

Apr 23, 2019
I would ask you to try and pair the Homehub with your desktop PC and see if you get any internet over that connection. If you do, you can work your way to adding the switches and see what is preventing the data from trickling down. On another note, you may want to see if your cables are in order and if replacing them solves the issue.

FYI, Windows Media Creation Tools has 1809 up for download+installation. Where did you source 1903?

Hello thanks for the quick reply. I will try that and report back. I am part of the Windows insider program and I guess I get preview builds.