No internet connection via ethernet Windows 10

Alvahir

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Hi guys,
so I've been using ethernet for a while now and its working great except when it doesn't.
This problem happened twice now in 7-8 months and I fixed it before but I can remember how. I'm not sure who to blame here, its either my hardware, the OS, the adapters or I don't know... Anyway
I use my Macbook for work stuff mostly and game on my Windows 10 PC. Yesterday the PC was working completely fine and when i woke up today it had no connection to the internet. I use 2 ethernet adapters and it was working fine. I changed the cables, but nothing. I have internet on my laptop via ethernet so... My first thought was the hardware. But the drivers are up to date and i fixed it before so it can't be that right?
I'm looking for solutions for a while now but couldn't find anything. I did the netsh resets etc. I reinstalled Windows10 from USB, clean of course, but still nothing. Obviously i have my ipconfig:

C:\Users\OhZeBe>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

C:\Users\OhZeBe>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-KRSMHFL
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : AC-9E-17-EC-6B-32
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

But i can't use most of the commands like ipconfig /renew because every time i do it says:
No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected.

I'm sorry for my english. I'm not a native speaker. Hope someone can help me, I'm a bit desperate.

Greets

skitszo

Honorable
did you reset your connection to the ISP? unhook the cable from your modem that connects to your service for 30 seconds.... if it is coax and has the copper end then touch that to bleed possible static. turn off your modem power for 10 seconds... see if that helps.

Alvahir

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Its bullt in and no there is no such thing in the device manager tab. There is only the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Since I clean installed Windows 10 there are 3 new devices in the device manager. I'm 100% sure they weren't there before, because i tried to fix it before I clean installed Windows 10.
The following 3 under the tab Other Devices:
-PCI Simple Communications Controller
-SM Bus Controller
-Unknown device

Alvahir

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
I'm not sure how. There is nothing with troubleshoot, I can only Update (obviously not working) Disable, uninstall, scan for hardware changes and properties. There is nothing about troubleshoot in hardware either.

skitszo

Honorable
If you have an older rig... i see a lot of win7 native machines with no win10 drivers being made at the manufacture sites...my rig is gen 1 I7 and Asus has not made any win10 drivers... so i just left it win7...

Alvahir

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Its a pretty new PC. 1 Year old. I'll definitely try the identifier and come back to you guys. I have to work now, but when I'm back I'll try it. Thanks a lot.

Alvahir

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Yeah, my laptop and the other pc both work with the same cable. I said it earlier, but the last time this happened it was the same thats why I don't think that my network card is damaged.
Btw, really glad that you are still here :)

Ivan_47

Reputable
Sep 8, 2016
Hi, I have the same problem...Do you managed to solve it? I tried the new driver 10.12.1007.2016 but nothing changed... The system says me that the ethernet is connected (i haven't any yellow triangle in the icon) but internet doesn't work...

Ivan_47

Reputable
Sep 8, 2016
There isn't any light that i can check on my notebook, and the driver installed is the last and i don't think that the card is dead because i can ping the dafault gateway, instead if i ping for example google i don't receive any answer.

Ivan_47

Reputable
Sep 8, 2016
Already tried, but didn't fix it. I tried to connect another pc via ethernet and the network works fine. So the problem is in my pc, and i'm going crazy to understand how to fix it