Question no internet connection

saxork

Reputable
Feb 21, 2019
Hi i recently changed my motherboard to (asus x470 strix) and everything is working fine but there is no internet connection (i have the ethernet cable plugged in)

now when i go to network connection window in control panel. The only thing i see is VMware network adapter vmnet1 and VMware network adapter VMnet8.

I used vmware and virtualbox for my class last week but i already uninstalled them last week and before this motherboard switch my internet was working fine.

what ive tried:
-disabling whatever the vmware sht in device manager
-the intel l211 gigabit network connection has that triangle caution sign and i dont kno how to fix it
-a wireless usb isnt working aswell when i plug it in it shows up in device manager but has the yellow triangle caution sign aswell
-i tried installing the cd that came with the motherboard It'll finish the install for the "lan connection" but after it finishes it still says its not installed. (ive done this 3 times already)

can i please get some help. Hopefully im in the right section for this i wasnt sure if this was a networking problem or motherboard problem

edit: ive also just tried doing the network reset on windows. and that didnt help aswell

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019
Hi i recently changed my motherboard to (asus x470 strix) and everything is working fine but there is no internet connection (i have the ethernet cable plugged in)

now when i go to network connection window in control panel. The only thing i see is VMware network adapter vmnet1 and VMware network adapter VMnet8.

I used vmware and virtualbox for my class last week but i already uninstalled them last week and before this motherboard switch my internet was working fine.

what ive tried:
-disabling whatever the vmware sht in device manager
-the intel l211 gigabit network connection has that triangle caution sign and i dont kno how to fix it
-a wireless usb isnt working aswell when i plug it in it shows up in device manager but has the yellow triangle caution sign aswell
-i tried installing the cd that came with the motherboard It'll finish the install for the "lan connection" but after it finishes it still says its not installed. (ive done this 3 times already)

can i please get some help. Hopefully im in the right section for this i wasnt sure if this was a networking problem or motherboard problem

edit: ive also just tried doing the network reset on windows. and that didnt help aswell
Try a bios update. Download the latest Ethernet drivers.