No Internet Data After Power Outage

Jul 3, 2018
Recently we had a power outage due to a storm.

On my property we have a main house and a secondary house. The Tip and Ring phone lines are run to the main house elderly occupants) while the secondary house (younger family) uses the data DSL line.

The main house's phone is still in working order while the data line to the secondary house is not working. At&t is the current provider.

Power is reaching the modem, but the broadband light flashes red. I even tried plugging in a different modem and the same problem occurs.

I opened up the NID to make sense of anything (both the customer and company doors) and the wiring is out of my league in electronic knowledge. But from what my limited knowledge can infer, there are two diodes on the data line.

Sorry At&t, I'm not waiting 13 days for a technician to unplug and re-plugin my router. 13 days without internet is ridiculous.

Solution
So you have a splitter (also referred to as a filter)?

Telephone line -----> splitter/filter with 1) -----> telephone system and 2)-----> DSL modem.

Splitter/filters can be damaged and/or just fail on their own. Try a replacement if applicable.

Ralston18

Titan
So you have a splitter (also referred to as a filter)?

Telephone line -----> splitter/filter with 1) -----> telephone system and 2)-----> DSL modem.

Splitter/filters can be damaged and/or just fail on their own. Try a replacement if applicable.

Solution