[SOLVED] No Internet Hard Wired Computer Ever Sunday

schu65

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I have a custom built PC, Gigabyte z390 Aurus Ultra mobo. I recently moved, the internet never dropped before the move. Now at the new location, every Sunday in the afternoon to night time, the internet will drop for 10+ minutes. Restarting the computer, the router, the modem does not solve the issue. I have switched the slot for the ethernet cable on the router, and I have switched the wire. The other hardwired computer does not drop, nor does any wifi connected devices. My computer stays connected to the network, it just does not have internet access.

Is there some kind of setting that enables a scheduled down period for network adapter? Could this be some kind of metered setting on the router towards a new computer that is connecting? I don't even know where to start to look and I would prefer to avoid wiping the hard drive.

Solution
Unlikely that you will need to wipe the hard drive.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. You should be able to easily find any error codes, warnings, or even informational events associated with the Sunday afternoon internet drops. Reliability History is much easier to use.

Look in Task Scheduler for anything taking place on that schedule. Could be a buggy app or configuration involved.

Make and model router?

Are you able to run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt and post the results?

Ralston18

Titan
Unlikely that you will need to wipe the hard drive.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. You should be able to easily find any error codes, warnings, or even informational events associated with the Sunday afternoon internet drops. Reliability History is much easier to use.

Look in Task Scheduler for anything taking place on that schedule. Could be a buggy app or configuration involved.

Make and model router?

Are you able to run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt and post the results?

Solution