no internet need wifi

DFV

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I just bought a wireless wifi security camera but do not have a pc or internet. I only want to connect my iphone and ipad to the camera to use it remotely. I do have a wireless modum however so my question is how or if I can use it without paying for internet service which i don't need.
Hope you can give me some answers. Thank you.
DV

Solution
1) hookup the wireless modem (often called a "wireless router" or simply a "gateway" device).

2) read manual to find LOGIN via web browser (attached via ETHERNET cable)

3) go to wi-fi section after login on PC to edit wi-fi data including SECURITY such as WPA (all wi-fi devices must support whichever security feature you use. Just try.)

4) enter wi-fi security password to your device during the wi-fi setup

Without the MODEM you should be able to connect all devices via either the Ethernet and/or the wi-fi. This a LAN (Local Access Network).

You will need one PC initially connected via Ethernet to setup the wi-fi but if it's initially unsecured I suppose you might be able to do it via wi-fi. I'm not sure about that.
1) hookup the wireless modem (often called a "wireless router" or simply a "gateway" device).

2) read manual to find LOGIN via web browser (attached via ETHERNET cable)

3) go to wi-fi section after login on PC to edit wi-fi data including SECURITY such as WPA (all wi-fi devices must support whichever security feature you use. Just try.)

4) enter wi-fi security password to your device during the wi-fi setup

Without the MODEM you should be able to connect all devices via either the Ethernet and/or the wi-fi. This a LAN (Local Access Network).

You will need one PC initially connected via Ethernet to setup the wi-fi but if it's initially unsecured I suppose you might be able to do it via wi-fi. I'm not sure about that.

Solution