No Internet on computer no matter what OS I use

Apr 12, 2018
Ok, so I recently installed a wireless network range extender and both of my windows 10 computers stopped having internet but it said connected to wifi no internet, so then I unplugged the range extender restarted my computers and I still had the same issue, connected but no internet on both of them. So i reinstalled windows 10 on both up to 12 times because I kept having the same problem. Connected but no internet. I tried every possible troubleshooter as well as safe boot and clean boot and also everything in command promp. Since I still didnt have internet I decided to try ubuntu. I installed it and on both it still says, Connected, no internet. I have officially given up. I called my isp, and Microsoft tech support, and they both have no idea why this is happeninng. Ive connected both to ethernet and wifi but it still says no internet. PLEASE HELP, IM A GAMER AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!! IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY HARDWARE? MY ROUTER WAS RESET TO DEFAULT SETTINGS TWICE AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK!!! I ALSO RESET THE BIOS TO DEFAULT AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Solution
Do you get internet if you plug an Ethernet came directly into one of the LAN ports on the router? If not then you need to try plugging directly into your modem. If you don't get internet there, then there may be something up with your ISP. But at least it will give you a place to troubleshoot from.
Do you get internet if you plug an Ethernet came directly into one of the LAN ports on the router? If not then you need to try plugging directly into your modem. If you don't get internet there, then there may be something up with your ISP. But at least it will give you a place to troubleshoot from.

Solution

MicroT

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2016
Connected via ethernet cable to the router to ensure your router is functioning (you should see on most routers if there is an internet connection or not). If you system connects to the internet then you have a faulty router.
If it does not connect to the internet double check the cables are all in correctly and reset the router. If that doesnt help either, try a different router and check.
If these all fail then contact your isp and they can test the line and figure out the problem with you.
Just to confirm your internet worked fine before the extender?

OS will not matter and will not be the problem here, this generally would be a hardware issue.

Apr 12, 2018