Question No Internet on main ssd

Uctv

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2013
So yesterday I was gaming regularly and I noticed a little window popping up from the notification(bottom right) saying "drive error restart to repair" Or something along the line, after 8 hours I totally forgot about it and shut down my pc, upon waking up and turning on my pc the next day I noticed the internet icon wasn't there and when I opened the network status, the window would close by itself instantly after appearing for 1 second.

Iv'e tried putting my motherboard cd in and it says failure to access or something like that, files explorer would take 1-10minutes or even more to open sometimes, games that require no internet doesn't start at all so I am assuming somehow my ssd is corrupted but I can't find the problem even with samsung magician or EaseUS.... And my desktop icons would take 5minutes to appear but my startup boot is as fast as usual.

I had a similar problem that happened with my old HDD but windows10 repaired by itself before startup.

I am not sure if I should just reinstall window on it or its dead, my other ssd still has internet too, any way for me to fix this somehow? =l

Window 10 64-bit
Intel i7-4790
Main ssd = Samsung Evo 850 250GB (6 years old)
Motherboard = Gigabyte z97X-SOC

ben001

Distinguished
Seems like a software issue to me.

You will need to perform a few steps: :)

- Select Settings on your Windows - click on Update & security - again, click on Recovery - choose Advanced start-up to restart now - Troubleshoot - Start-up repair. This will help you to identify and fix your area of issue. Make sure your internet is turned ON.

Let us know the update.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Uctv and CountMike

Uctv

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2013
Thankyou for the replies, Ive tried those and to no avail, I even reinstalled a new window 7 and 10 on it and still couldn't open the network adapter tab without it disappearing... I also tried Settings > troubleshoot > scrolled down to network adapter and still didn't work.

so I just gave up and used a new ssd, very odd.

Uctv

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2013
May I ask your system status at the moment? I also see you're using a new SSD, did that helped your situation?.
Im sorry not quite sure what status but huh its working fine (y)

And yes, I pre-install window 10 on every of my ssd just incase something happens and works fine =) just sadden I lost one so quickly and still don't know what went wrong with it.

I even reinstalled a new window 7 and 10 on it and still couldn't open the network adapter tab without it disappearing... I also tried Settings > troubleshoot > scrolled down to network adapter and still didn't work.
I'd suspect problem with networking hardware - lan card of wifi card (depending on what is being used). Not the SSD.
Can you show screenshot from Device Manager (network adapters section expanded) ?
Also show screenshot with command output for ipconfig /all
(
upload screenshot to imgur.com and post link)

Reactions: ben001

ben001

Distinguished
Im sorry not quite sure what status but huh its working fine (y)
That's what exactly I was asking for and I am glad things worked out for you. :)

And yes, I pre-install window 10 on every of my ssd just incase something happens and works fine =) just sadden I lost one so quickly and still don't know what went wrong with it.
When it comes to storing data & files, a solid-state drive itself a reliable hardware component than an HDD, losing one seems a bit weird case. I hope you're in warranties.

Since you specified the network adapter cannot be opened, I feel there's something going on with your On-board network adapter if you're not using any external.

Uctv

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2013
I'd suspect problem with networking hardware - lan card of wifi card (depending on what is being used). Not the SSD.
Can you show screenshot from Device Manager (network adapters section expanded) ?
Also show screenshot with command output for ipconfig /all
(
upload screenshot to imgur.com and post link)
I am not currently on that ssd but that screenshot with the adapter + red arrows were all grayed out and I even tried my mobo CD to reinstall all the drivers and it didn't work, I will try the cmd once I go on my other ssd.
SCREENSHOT