Question No Internet on newly built computer

Apr 30, 2022
I have built a new computer and I can't connect to the internet at all. Motherboard is MSI MPG Z690 Edge wifi ddr4. Ethernet connects to the network, but internet doesn't work. Same with Wi-Fi. Connect to the network but no internet. I have downloaded the MSI network drivers and wifi drivers, the chipset drivers. I've flashed the bios with the latest version. I just cannot connect to the internet. It isnt the router, modem, or cables because my old computer connects perfectly fine. Anyone dealt with this issue or can think of any solutions?

Edit: I did do a clean install on new m.2 drives. Made a installation media through the microsoft site for windows 10 and 11 on a usb. I tried both. Neither worked.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
I have built a new computer and I can't connect to the internet at all. Motherboard is MSI MPG Z690 Edge wifi ddr4. Ethernet connects to the network, but internet doesn't work. Same with Wi-Fi. Connect to the network but no internet. I have downloaded the MSI network drivers and wifi drivers, the chipset drivers. I've flashed the bios with the latest version. I just cannot connect to the internet. It isnt the router, modem, or cables because my old computer connects perfectly fine. Anyone dealt with this issue or can think of any solutions?
You said you did lots of things, but you didn't say you started with a clean OS install. Are you trying to reuse a previous Windows install ?

Apr 30, 2022
Sorry, I did do a clean install on new m.2 drives. Made a installation media through the microsoft site for windows 10 and 11 on a usb. I tried both. Neither worked.