Question No keyboard detected Bios - Asus B450M

Aug 21, 2022
Hi,

I have a problem with my asus b450m-a II, it doesn't detect the keyboard at Bios level when it starts, only the keyboard, mouse, bootable usb and other peripherals work correctly.

I have tried the following things:
  • Change usb port multiple times.
  • Factory reset the motherboard by CMOS.
  • Upgrade the bios to its latest version available on the asus website.
  • Change memories.
  • Check the state of the CPU.
  • Disconnect other peripherals and leave only the keyboard connected to the rear and front ports.
  • Disable all usb ports from the bios and leave only enabled where I have the keyboard connected.
  • Disconnect the gpu to save energy from the source.
  • Check normal voltage levels at the source.

An observation if I disconnect the equipment from the source for 10 seconds and start it again, it recognizes the keyboard but loses connection again after a few minutes.

I think it may be a motherboard fault.

I need your help.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have a problem with my asus b450m-a II, it doesn't detect the keyboard at Bios level when it starts, only the keyboard, mouse, bootable usb and other peripherals work correctly.

I have tried the following things:
  • Change usb port multiple times.
  • Factory reset the motherboard by CMOS.
  • Upgrade the bios to its latest version available on the asus website.
  • Change memories.
  • Check the state of the CPU.
  • Disconnect other peripherals and leave only the keyboard connected to the rear and front ports.
  • Disable all usb ports from the bios and leave only enabled where I have the keyboard connected.
  • Disconnect the gpu to save energy from the source.
  • Check normal voltage levels at the source.
An observation if I disconnect the equipment from the source for 10 seconds and start it again, it recognizes the keyboard but loses connection again after a few minutes.

I think it may be a motherboard fault.

I need your help.

Thank you.
Just in case, when you reset the motherboard did you make sure that any booting options in the bios like Fast Boot or something similar are Disabled, and it necessary that the usb options are set to something like Legacy? What is the make and model of this keyboard; and does it work properly on any other computer? Since the other usb devices work correctly this suggests it is not a motherboard fault.

Aug 21, 2022
Just in case, when you reset the motherboard did you make sure that any booting options in the bios like Fast Boot or something similar are Disabled, and it necessary that the usb options are set to something like Legacy? What is the make and model of this keyboard; and does it work properly on any other computer? Since the other usb devices work correctly this suggests it is not a motherboard fault.

Hi!

Yes, I have enabled legacy usb support and now disable fast boot.

Imagen:
https://ibb.co/mhxzX2f

Second image:
https://ibb.co/sWcqxdt

the keyboard that I am using is new, nimbus kkm251s, I have also tried with other generic usb noganet and genius keyboards, I keep getting the same error.

I don't have a ps/2 keyboard to test, but this type of error on multiple keyboards is very strange.

Thanks for your help

Reactions: dwd999