NO Keyboard detected! Cant get into BIOS!!!

yuuo123

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Hello guys I just bought a new CPU Fan since the old one was standard and have overheat issues then gets BSOD. Well I also bought a new SATA Hard disk and was planning to newly install Windows 7 Pro to it but I need to set primary boot device in the BIOS first, but I get this error that said NO Keyboard detected USB over current status detected! Computer will shutdown in 15 seconds. Please help me.
PC Specs:
MB: Asus P5Q SE2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz Q8400 LGA775 socket, Scythe Katana III cooling fan.
RAM: 4GB 2x2GB Kingston DDR2 800 Memory RAM
GFXCard: ATi Sapphire Radeon HD4770 512MB GDDR5 40nm
HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7,200RPM SATA Hard disk.
PSU: 600W Silverstone Element PSU 80+ Bronze
Ex-Fans: GeLid back fan 8cm

It used to work but with BSOD because of the CPU fan not good enough, so i bought a new CPU fan and a new SATA HDD because my old was ATA and I thought that SATA performs better so, yeah...
Please reply to this I really want this computer to be up and running! thankies!

Solution
If that still happen then i think the problem is on your motherboard...

How much usb ports that u have? have u tried with all of them?

yuuo123

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

Im currently using a Logitech PS2 Keyboard which in the first place didnt work then I tried using USB keyboard and it also didnt work, then I tried with no keyboards an the error still appears, it appears under a logo of American Megatrends which in my mind is the BIOS or thingy.

yuuo123

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I guess so too yeah it is a motherboard thingy issue, I only tried with the USB ports on the back part and havent tried with the front one but I still think it does the same tho right now im dissasembling the whole thing and trying to find out what the heck is wrong with it, and if others know a solution or had a similar or same problem, please post it here, cause i would like to know a solution and to find out am i the only one with this problem, i know im not the only one with the USB issue things but about the ps2 and usb keyboards not working. thanks!

yuuo123

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Guys im going to bed its 11PM in my place and please post any replies to this thread while im asleep, see you guys 2morrow. thanks wa1 for replying in a jippy!

yuuo123

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I bought a new MB since the old one was a bad MB and would'nt work, ever so now problem solved and see ya guys soon, but will probably get a serius problem again soon!