Question No keyboard Detected! (On boot up)

helloward

Commendable
Feb 16, 2017
I haven’t changed anything or done anything different to my pc, but today when I jumped on I was shown an “American megatrends” screen. It shows no keyboard detected (at the bottom), but still says press F1 to run setup and without the ability to use the keyboard because it’s not being detected I can’t do anything?
I’ve tried every USB port on my pc and none of them detect the keyboard.
I’ve also tried multiple keyboards, but it still doesn’t detect them.

Obviously you are going to be limited on what you can do without a keyboard. One of the few options is to reset your CMOS. The manual to your motherboard will show you what jumper needs to be moved to do this, or pulling out the CMOS battery may get you there, but some MB require moving the jumper to completely reset the CMOS.

Another fix is to unplug your PC and push the power button for 10 seconds. Then wait about ten minutes, plug the PC back in and press the power button to boot the computer ans see if your keyboard shows up. BTW, the no keyboard detected press F1 to run setup has been a paradox since the days of DOS. You are not the first to see this.

You can also try boot to the recovery mode (WinPE) by booting your computer 3 times in a row, hard shutdown (holding the power button down; this may not work as usually the keyboard error occurs before Windows starts to load, but it's worth a try.