[SOLVED] No lan connection

Vedad_

Reputable
Apr 19, 2016
I have reinstalled Win7 (for a 50th time in my life) and internet was working just fine,but after install I cant instal drivers for etharnet (deep sleep),tried removing ram,diferent drivers,turning off hibernate,but nothing works. Please help!

Solution
Can you see your NIC in the device manager? If your trying to install drivers you should be able to.

With your reinstall, did you erase the contents of the old partitions and create new ones?

Do you use onboard lan, or do you have an extra card?

If you have erased the contents of the old partitions, and your starting from scratch,

Download drivers for your specific nic, or create a file with the install of the driver disc that came with your nic.

Within device manager, do not attempt to do an automatic install of your drivers as they probably won't be detected.

Manually install the drivers from within the device manager using the file you created.

You should then be able to connect to the internet.

InfoSponge16

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Can you see your NIC in the device manager? If your trying to install drivers you should be able to.

With your reinstall, did you erase the contents of the old partitions and create new ones?

Do you use onboard lan, or do you have an extra card?

If you have erased the contents of the old partitions, and your starting from scratch,

Download drivers for your specific nic, or create a file with the install of the driver disc that came with your nic.

Within device manager, do not attempt to do an automatic install of your drivers as they probably won't be detected.

Manually install the drivers from within the device manager using the file you created.

You should then be able to connect to the internet.

Solution