No LaserJet 3200 Drivers :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Well, I've installed Windows 7 Beta on a secondary hard drive I use for such things. Looks nice but disappointed to see that they have chosen to support every single HP printer in existence EXCEPT for the LaserJet 3200 (one of the most common printers out there).

Is this yet another example of M$ ignoring the obvious or is it that HP is pulling the rug from under us by not supporting their products with drivers? If the LaserJet 3200 driver isn't available, is there another one that will make this printer work in Windows 7?

P.S., Does anyone else HATE the spacing between the icons on the task bar? For the life of me, I cannot understand the reasoning behind putting this HUGE space between each icon. It adds no functionality and premits fewer icons for quick launch on the task bar. Another head-scratcher from M$.

Solution

Of course, we understand you were greatly exaggerating here because you are disappointed. The LaserJet 3200 was introduced in October 2000, one full year before Windows XP was released, and has been discontinued since March 2002.

Is this yet another example of M$ ignoring the obvious or is it that HP is pulling the rug from under us by not supporting their products with drivers?
I'm not sure what should be inferred from a printer not having in-box drivers in a BETA release that has not even reached the first release candidate. These are...

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

Of course, we understand you were greatly exaggerating here because you are disappointed. The LaserJet 3200 was introduced in October 2000, one full year before Windows XP was released, and has been discontinued since March 2002.

Is this yet another example of M$ ignoring the obvious or is it that HP is pulling the rug from under us by not supporting their products with drivers?
I'm not sure what should be inferred from a printer not having in-box drivers in a BETA release that has not even reached the first release candidate. These are things that can be placed on the in-box device support "To-Do" list once the OS hits release candidate, and depend on whether the hardware vendor is expected to provide the drivers for inclusion by Microsoft or intends to release them itself (if at all).

Does Vista have in-box drivers? Have you tried the latest Universal Print drivers from HP that support Windows Vista?

HP Universal Print Drivers for Vista x86

HP Universal Print Drivers for Vista x64

How to Select the Correct Printer Driver

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.