Question No life from monitor/mouse/keyboard

Jun 4, 2019
Everything else seems normal.
Unplugged everything to remove dust (bar processor) and replugged. I'm a bit of a PC noob.

D

Deleted member 14196

are you plugging in the back usb ports and are they hooked up properly? you may want a friend who builds pcs to look it over if you are a n00b, or take it to a shop

D

Deleted member 14196

when you boot up, does the monitor show anything at all? if it doesn't show something at post you have some serious hardware issues

1. During boot sequence, press DEL key in keyboard and go to BIOS settings.
  2. I spam the snot out of the DEL key when it starts up
  3. the BIOS should show
  4. if it does, your monitor, kb and mouse should all work
  5. report back here.
also test the kb/mouse/monitor on another pc pr laptop to prove they are not the issue

D

Deleted member 14196

then something is not hooked up properly. perhaps you didn't hook up the PSU properly is a guess.

D

Deleted member 14196

you can link images from imgur or other hosting sites, sure. hopefully the hardware gurus will chime in if you do.

Why is there no heatsink on the CPU? You can damage the CPU that way. Also looks like the case fan is not connected to anything.

Need a bit better details, is this a new build or something that used to work? You said you unplugged everything to remove dust, is that when it stopped working? From the looks of the system you did not really remove a lot of dust, it looks pretty dirty to me, and you have loose cables all over the place.

Get someone that knows how to setup computers to go over what was done, all you can do is check the connections and re-seat components. Since you don't even have the heatsink on, that does not seem like you would be able to trouble-shoot the system properly, need someone with experience to look it over.

Jun 4, 2019
The heatsink is back in correctly. I've now followed guides to make sure all of my components are in correctly. Still no power in the peripherals. My friend who helped me built it is busy