No life in my system

josephlael99

Commendable
Nov 29, 2017
I cannot get my computer to start. I was having issues with the system crashing so I decided to take the system apart, clean it with a paintbrush then rebuild. When rebuilt I couldn't get it to start at all, no LED lights anywhere so I figured it was my psu, tried it in another system and it worked so I replaced my motherboard but nothing has changed. I tried to jumpstart my pc and unless I did it wrong, it doesnt work either. Please help.

Solution

Take motherboard,psu etc. out of the case. Use a piece of cardboard as underground for the motherboard,or the box the motherboard came in.Only use cpu (with cooler of course)+1 stick of ram+ psu for first testing,see if this boots (you can connect this to a monitor if you have an onboard gpu).Just see if you can get into the bios.Make sure you have a motherboard speaker installed for beeps.For the 1 stick of ram use the second slot from the cpu.
If this boots add a second stick of ram (if using two or more/fourth slot from cpu etc.).(You can shut down again by flipping the switch on the psu from on to off again) After that a dedicated gpu. After that all works try adding the hdd with windows.
If all...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

How much apart? Everything put back together exactly as it was?

You could try breadboarding to see if the system works out of the case.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Take motherboard,psu etc. out of the case. Use a piece of cardboard as underground for the motherboard,or the box the motherboard came in.Only use cpu (with cooler of course)+1 stick of ram+ psu for first testing,see if this boots (you can connect this to a monitor if you have an onboard gpu).Just see if you can get into the bios.Make sure you have a motherboard speaker installed for beeps.For the 1 stick of ram use the second slot from the cpu.
If this boots add a second stick of ram (if using two or more/fourth slot from cpu etc.).(You can shut down again by flipping the switch on the psu from on to off again) After that a dedicated gpu. After that all works try adding the hdd with windows.
If all goes well,put it back into the case,make sure to use the stand offs and only the ones necessary.

Or look through these,
https://www.google.nl/search?source=hp&ei=mBkfWtjOOcPHwAK98qCYCw&q=breadboarding&oq=breadboarding&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l5j0i30k1l5.2066.6067.0.7992.13.8.0.5.5.0.80.570.8.8.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.13.657...0i131k1.0.1m-Mz7W22gY

Old but maybe handy,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Solution

josephlael99

Commendable
Nov 29, 2017

josephlael99

Commendable
Nov 29, 2017
Just did a PSU-calculator for my system and it gave me a wattage above the 500 watts that im currently supplying. When I tested the PSU it was in a system that when using the same calculator comes up less than 500w, is it possible that my psu is still the issue even though it did work previously? Albiet with some random shut downs.

josephlael99

Commendable
Nov 29, 2017

Ryzen 5 1500x
Sapphire rx480 4gb
Asus ab350m gaming 3 mobo
1x 8gb crucial ram 2400mhz
Aerocool integrator 500w
CiT Mesh case

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Yes you do,take a screwdriver and touch both pins on the motherboard that will start the pc.

TRENDING THREADS