No login option (msconfig services)

Kappudle

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Hi ! Thanks for coming !

Huuuuge problem here, here it goes

Yesterday, had an internet problem with installing spotify, a forum suggested disabling all Services in msconfig, restart, reenable them, easy.

However, when i restart, it boots up, but leaves me with on the login screen background, and the three buttons on the bottom right (ethernet, ease of access, power) NO LOGIN OPTION.... mouse keyboard work.

I cannot start repair mode (shift + restart) and i dont know what to do...

Please help... i beg you all... Thank you !

Solution
Which forum suggested turning off all the services? You aren't only person with this advice and its unhelpful. Useful to know.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << its a handy boot disck
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options << if this isn't here, see below
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if you manage to get into safe mode, right click start
choose run...
type msconfig
go to start up tab and set...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Which forum suggested turning off all the services? You aren't only person with this advice and its unhelpful. Useful to know.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << its a handy boot disck
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options << if this isn't here, see below
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if you manage to get into safe mode, right click start
choose run...
type msconfig
go to start up tab and set to normal & restart

If start up options weren't there, try start up repair
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

The advice should have suggested a clean boot, stopping all services means it stops logon services leaving you outside win 10 - clean boot

Solution

TRENDING THREADS