No login screen or safe mode

Morne76

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Going nuts. Windows 10 boots up to welcome screen with correct date and time, I press a key or click the mouse, looks like the logon is about to appear, but all that happens is the time and date disappears. I'm able to click on the power button, press shift and restart for safe mode, but the laptop just restarts normally back to the welcome screen and square one. Please help, I don't have a CD ROM or a bookable flash drive, any advice?

Cheers

Solution
start PC, just as the loading screen for windows shows, restart laptop. repeat that action 3 or so times and windows 10 will load automatic repair. Let it run and once it gets to end, choose advanced options
this leads to a blue screen
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Colif

Win 11 Master
start PC, just as the loading screen for windows shows, restart laptop. repeat that action 3 or so times and windows 10 will load automatic repair. Let it run and once it gets to end, choose advanced options
this leads to a blue screen
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Solution

Morne76

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

This actually worked. Didn't get a blue screen with options though, it just did everything automatically, restarted and all is good in the world again.

Colif - superstar, cheers mate, much appreciated.