No Logon Screen

Hi,

I have a NT4 SP6a machine that will not give me a logon
screen. It would boot like normal and comes up with the
background but the window where you press Ctrl-Alt-Del to
logon never appears. Looks like to me that there is a
service that is hanging up. Anyone has this problem
before?? Need to avoid running setup again. HELP!!

TT

service / on what type of computer??