Question No Longer Stable after update to 1909

Dec 17, 2019
I have been running an underclocked fx 9590 for several years. (My wife bought the computer and it doesn't have proper cooling for full performance) It ran fine on windows 10 1803 but now with update to 1909, the settings are no longer stable.

Using AMD overdrive also no longer saves my settings. I imagine I will have to change those in the bios directly.

Old Settings (windows 10 1803)
Core Multiplier 20
Voltage 1.325
No Turbo
Max temp around 65 C
this accomplishes everything I need

New Settings (windows 10 1909)
Core Multiplier 23
Voltage 1.3875
No Turbo
Freezes up occasionally due to high temperatures
I see a lot of fluctuation in the actual values. One moment I'm at 4.7 ghz the next is reads at 1.9 and then jumps back up. Never saw that with the old settings. (possible I just didn't notice it since it was running stable.)

I don't mind underclocking to stay cool. I don't do any hardcore gaming any longer. Would prefer to keep current hardware so I can continue to use my computer without extra costs.

Thanks

I have been running an underclocked fx 9590 for several years. (My wife bought the computer and it doesn't have proper cooling for full performance) It ran fine on windows 10 1803 but now with update to 1909, the settings are no longer stable.

Using AMD overdrive also no longer saves my settings. I imagine I will have to change those in the bios directly.

Old Settings (windows 10 1803)
Core Multiplier 20
Voltage 1.325
No Turbo
Max temp around 65 C
this accomplishes everything I need

New Settings (windows 10 1909)
Core Multiplier 23
Voltage 1.3875
No Turbo
Freezes up occasionally due to high temperatures
I see a lot of fluctuation in the actual values. One moment I'm at 4.7 ghz the next is reads at 1.9 and then jumps back up. Never saw that with the old settings. (possible I just didn't notice it since it was running stable.)

I don't mind underclocking to stay cool. I don't do any hardcore gaming any longer. Would prefer to keep current hardware so I can continue to use my computer without extra costs.

Thanks
Switch to BIOS underclock. AOD is not reliable anyway.

TRENDING THREADS