Question No luck with multiple 5700xt. At a loss...

May 21, 2020
Setup Specs
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X470-Pro BIOS ver: 5406
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000
Storage: SanDisk SSD 128GB(boot)
Storage: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
PSU: Corsair 750w
MONITORS: MSI Optix MAG271CQR, LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultra Wide, Samsung C32HG70 32"

I had a MSI Vega 56 Air Boost in my system previously,that worked perfect and still does, but had a little extra money so I upgraded to a Powercolor 5700XT Red Devil. Used DDU to get rid of all the previous display drivers and did a fresh install. I launch Borderlands 3... black screen and reboots. Log back into windows, launch Witcher 3... black screen and reboot. Anything games I open, the same thing happens... Black screen reboot.

Couple months down the road and amid COVID, I get distracted with everything going on, since I work at a hospital, and am not able to RMA it or return it. Fine whatever. SO I order another one. XFX 5700XT THICC Ultra 3. Do the same as before: DDU to wipe drivers, fresh install and... Black screen and reboot. The only difference with the THICC is now is will run games on the LG Ultra Wide monitor. So I though maybe the Display port cables where bad on the other two monitors. Changed them out and same results. Used different ports on both cards and still the same issue... Black screen and reboot.

I have done everything I can do with my limited skills and am hoping maybe anyone knows anything that could point me in the right direction. I'm think it may be a mother board issue, have only had current motherboard for just over a year, and just picking up a X570 would hopefully solve my problem. Any help would be a appreciated. Thank you.

May 21, 2020
Make sure your BIOS is up to date and that the RAM isn't faulty

I put the BIOS version in the spec list next to the motherboard. 5406 I think is the latest version according to the Asus website. The only other RAM I have is 16gb 2133mHz. Ill try that and see what happens. Never really considered it any of my other hardware would be the issue because when I switch out for my old Vega 56 it works perfectly on medium/high settings with every game. I just dont understand why the Vega 56 would work but two different 5700XT's won't in the exact same setup. Ill try the RAM switch tonight. Thank you

Last edited: