so0dz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
Well I finally recieved all of my parts for my new pc after putting together my two room mates with no problem and here I am.

I'm using the ABIT KN8 SLI board with a XFX 7950GT, 2gb kingston ram, amd athlon 64 4000+

When i go to boot first time i get no beeps nothing and i have no video.

the monitor led is yellow as if it was on standby.

ive double checked my power connector for the pci-e, made sure it was in the slot properly, even tried both of the dvi-out ports on the card and still i get nothing.

One thing that concerns me is the fact the motherboard has the 2x10 pin on one side and the 2x2 on the other. i had to stretch the 2x2 from the power supply to reach the adapter on the board. it is labeled ATX12V1 for the 2x2 and ATXPWR1 for the 2x10. this is connected correctly or am i wrong.
please someone have any advice ive been waiting too long for it not to work :(

thanks a bunch

RJ

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
Well I finally recieved all of my parts for my new pc after putting together my two room mates with no problem and here I am.

I'm using the ABIT KN8 SLI board with a XFX 7950GT, 2gb kingston ram, amd athlon 64 4000+

When i go to boot first time i get no beeps nothing and i have no video.

the monitor led is yellow as if it was on standby.

ive double checked my power connector for the pci-e, made sure it was in the slot properly, even tried both of the dvi-out ports on the card and still i get nothing.

One thing that concerns me is the fact the motherboard has the 2x10 pin on one side and the 2x2 on the other. i had to stretch the 2x2 from the power supply to reach the adapter on the board. it is labeled ATX12V1 for the 2x2 and ATXPWR1 for the 2x10. this is connected correctly or am i wrong.
please someone have any advice ive been waiting too long for it not to work :(

thanks a bunch
Your mobo has a 24 pin main connector and a 4 pin connector next to the CPU, next to that heatpipe. the 20 pin should work with the 24 pin board, it's keyed to only fit in one side. The 4 pin connector ONLY goes in that connector next to the CPU. If you get nothing, you'll need to get an up to date power supply.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
& of course the 7950 will have it's own power connector.

What PSU do you have?
Other than the monitor not clicking on does the PC show signs of life e.g. fans, hard drives etc. running?