'No Man's Sky' Arrives June 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I'm honestly shocked that this is coming out. I imagined that the thing would just get stuck in eternal development, like all the Early Access survival games on Steam.

8R_Scotch

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
I'm positively surprised that this is coming out at the same time on PS4 and PC... I also didn't expect it to come to GOG, which is a great thing.

We'll soon see if VR is going to be a meaningful option for the game.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
I'm positively surprised that this is coming out at the same time on PS4 and PC... I also didn't expect it to come to GOG, which is a great thing.

We'll soon see if VR is going to be a meaningful option for the game.

im going to bet money that its nice, but not much of a benefit... have details on what the game actually is come out? because i can't remember outside of a developer making a stunt man game, then deciding that they wanted to create the universe. im not convinced it wont fail.

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
This game has "PASS" written all over it. Each planet is like a giant bowl of assorted candy. Having thousands of bowls isn't better it's just more.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I was really looking forward to the Gametrailers review for this,sigh well that isn't going to happen. This gave is a strong competitor to Star Citizen and I foresee it overtaking it as its more accessible hardware wise,plus its coming out soon,unlike Star Citizen.The hardware requirements are high(8bg Ram,really!?) but not ludicrous(High but not I need to get a new computer on hire purchase).

dstarr3

Distinguished

You're right, the budget for this game was comparable to AAA games, but because they're indie, it's not worth more than a fiver. Same with Witcher 3, for that matter.

8R_Scotch

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

Be that as it may, Witcher 3 is an AAA title in all respects, more than most AAA titles. If you consider the developer excelence, dedication and vastness of that game it's kind of cheap. Nobody looked at Witcher 3 and thought... hey this is kind of a shallow game for the price.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much enamored by the concept and what I've seen of NMS, but a LOT of people won't go for the old-school sci-fi style art/graphics, the relatively reppetitive and mellow tone of the game, the exploration aspect of it (as opposed to based buliding, multiplayer or action aspects). And although I'm sure the the game must have been especially hard to make for different reasons than traditional ones, the cost to produce with 10 people is massively smaller than bigger studios.

I'm sure that the price is probably set this way for two reasons: 1 - to be on par with console pricing, Sony probably doesn't want people who have both PS4's and PC's choosing the PC version. 2 - they probably think they can charge this from the reaction people have had and the hype they built. (They being Sony, I'll bet the developer would have been comfortable with a smaller price).

Ultimately I think this price will hurt their initial sales. This was a game I had on my rare list of pre-purchases (I only bought Witcher 3 on pre-order before) and now it's on my wishlist to buy after realease, reviews and maybe even waith for a sale. On the long run they should lower the price and they'll get more people involved, this game is kind of something you play casually for ages.

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
I'm really worried about this title. Each planet is like a giant bowl of assorted candy. Having thousands of them isn't better, it's just more. I can see this getting old...quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.