Question No Mans Sky Beyond Rainbow/8bit colour glitch

Aug 15, 2019
Hi guys,

So Ive downloaded the update and when I launch the game, it has all 8bit rainbow colours all over the screen.

Im playing on pretty old gaming laptop but never had issues like this before. I understand that there are a lot of bugs and issues at the moment and for some of us game crashes on start, but has anybody experienced this problem at all in any of the games? From what I understand, they have introduced a Vulkan API with this update. All other games that I play such as GTA, MGSV, Cities Skyline, Rocketleague, Overwatch... all work completely fine and smooth, but ever since this specific update, NMS became unplayable. Check the link below to see what I mean.

i7-3630qm

8gb ddr4 2166mhz corsair

AMD 7970M 2GB

Windows 7 Ultimate

Latest AMD drivers, latest system updates etc.

Here are the screenshots, havent loaded game any further:

View: https://imgur.com/a/F459TTH

Reactions: cheapcouches
Aug 15, 2019
Finally, I see a report on this issue. I've had this problem last night on my windows 10 machine. Restarted & updated windows, worked fine this morning. Came back from work to find it glitched again.

Try tampering with your AMD Radeon settings. I don't have anything to start you off with, just try to mix and match settings until it (hopefully) fixes itself.

Aug 15, 2019
Finally, I see a report on this issue. I've had this problem last night on my windows 10 machine. Restarted & updated windows, worked fine this morning. Came back from work to find it glitched again.

Try tampering with your AMD Radeon settings. I don't have anything to start you off with, just try to mix and match settings until it (hopefully) fixes itself.

Just to let you know mate, be careful what guides you try to use to fix this issue. I have followed one that advised deleting vulkan registries and it absolutely messed my OS up to the point that I spent nearly 10 hours trying to fix it, but ultimately I had to format and reinstall it fresh. Suffice to say, it did not fix the problem and it looks exactly the same as it did. Now that I have fresh OS, no chace of any virus or whatever other interference, all up to date drivers and Windows itself, I am ready to say that this game has been updated in a way that is not longer compatible with my GPU or something has been messed up in the latest update. I am quite pissed off as I was looking forward to framerate optimisation and all additions. Let me know if you manage to get it sorted, don't think reinstalling GPU drivers will help at all, I am all out of ideas at this stage.