Question No Man's Sky Crashing after 1 minute

DemonHouseMaid

Reputable
Mar 5, 2020
As the title says- my No Man's Sky crashes after about a minute of gameplay. The game will run smoothly until all of a sudden, a very brief drop in frames and then BAM. Crash to desktop. I noticed my AMD software also reports an error when it happens.. saying it stopped working from memory? Can't quite remember. No Man's Sky yields this error code when it occurs: 88970_0x9014F_ST76561198061749731

I've tried everything I can think of. Different settings, verifying files on steam, reinstalling the game, updating AMD Adrenalin to newest version. In addition to this, I ran Memtest for over 9 hours and couldn't find any errors. Interestingly I noted that on newer save files- it took longer to crash (about 20m) and on ones that I've played the longest, about 1 minute.

I'm getting desperate and don't know what to do, any help is appreciated. I suspect it may be to do with Vulkan as I used to have issues with Red Dead Online until I changed it from Vulkan to Direct X in the settings. I can't do this with NMS anymore since they removed that option and I don't have a clue as to how I'd correct any potential issues with Vulkan if that is what is causing it.