'No Man's Sky,' PC Release Date Possibly Pushed Back To Aug 12, Hello Games Outs 'Survive' Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's referring to the release date being delayed 2-3 times now. Frustration is understandable, though even if it's delayed further, it's no big deal, especially if it means a better overall product at release. Looks like this one might be worth checking out.

Well, a 3 day delay is not reason to be frustrated... if it was a month it would be understandable, but 1 weekend?

(I remember Starcraft II. Delayed years from the first official release date. Now that is reason to be frustrated)

I had the same initial reaction, but then I remembered that people schedule vacations from work around video game launches.

This title has me curious, but I'm still skeptical.

metaphob

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
I do not see anywhere other than this post of Aug 12th. Steam, IGN, and the actually website all say the 9th for US PC release.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
For humanity's sake, they need to have a great launch, and inspire generations of dream chasers and dream makers. Copycat games, movies based on them, challenges and collaborations (like #BAUniC Building A Universe Competition), people praising them, people criticizing them, people improving on the language tools and imagination models, anything that will push the creativity towards the exploration of fractal-based universes. Even if one can't code, or finds it too tiring to imagine 8 dimensional manifolds, cheering those who can makes the difference between Hugh Everett III letting himself go and dying of a heart attack, or running forward and dragging our undeserving civilization behind.

Virtualban,
I was going to think of something witty, but instead I'll give you a cheer. Give me a "W", give me a "T", give me a "F" and what does that spell? It's like someone ingested a bunch of facts about multiverses and vomited them up in run-on sentences...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
@Photonboy
Vomited, regurgitated, meditated upon and tried to press them out in short sentences.
Want longer versions? Want technical bla-bla? Omniphoton? Double-prim-no-repeat? 4T fold? Emergent forward-time from base number theory applied to the continuous wave-function-never-collapses?
Yes, better language tools are needed to transmit concepts. Our imagination needs more attention devoted to this, whether we manage to find the fractal version of e=mc2 or not (though the only way to be sure of failure is to not try).

Status
Not open for further replies.